Team Leader/Programmer with over twenty-five years of experience supporting mission-critical applications. Management experience in both software development and operations. Well-versed in software quality methodology. Wide variety of technical expertise. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Manager/technical architect of the Environment Control Board (ECB) Amnesty project which collected $16 million of additional revenue for the City
- Manager/technical expert of project to integrated a large, mission-critical legacy application with the New York DMV Parking Regulation Electronic Enforcement and Disposition (PREED) system. Improved the quality and reduced the time required to obtain vehicle and address information.
- Managed operations staff that controlled the running of batch cycles and operations for several large-scale outsourced applications. Responsible for the production and mailing of millions of pieces of correspondence per year.
- Led a team of developers and contractors in the creation of a Summons Tracking and Accounts Receivable application that was marketed to various localities.
- Led an effort to perform a proof-of-concept (POC) for a data replication/ETL tool, tcVISION. Led the team that performed the POC, wrote a white paper on the results and presented the findings to the client.
- Lead team that automated the process of identifying habitual parking offenders and reporting them to the DMV for automated enforcement action.
- Played lead role in an effort to improve software testing procedures in use by a large team of software developers.
- Performed a cost/benefit analysis of the proposed adoption of Business Object tools.
- Managed and provided technical assistance for several SharePoint conversion efforts. Developed several SharePoint Designer workflow applications to streamline project management.
- Performed project management duties such as preparing statements of work, status reports, staff evaluations, and hiring/firing.
- Championed numerous efforts to introduce new technology into the project toolkit, including JAVA, JES2MAIL, Unix Services, SharePoint, InfoPath, SharePoint Workflow, and data warehouse tools.
- Wrote code using COBOL,NATURAL, JAVA, Visual Basic, .NET.
- Wrote and presented large sections of numerous proposals.
- Supervised the programming and operational staff that develop enhancements and maintain a summons tracking and accounts receivable system used by the Metro Transit Bureau.
- Served as the lead programmer on the project. Worked with the client to define requirements. Programmed, tested, and implement code into the production environment.
- Led team that developed an interface with the New York State Tax Department which resulted in several million dollars per year of additional revenue.
- Was the lead writer/presenter of several contract re-complete proposals.
- Supervised a large team of programmers that developed enhancements and performed maintenance on EPA’s payroll system.
- Led a large, successful effort to bring additional federal agencies onto the EPA payroll system.
- Managed approximately 15 employees responsible for the sorting and pre-load of delivery vehicles.
- Created and maintain several websites using WordPress.
Master’s Degree – 12/1995
Major: Management of Information Systems
Computer Programmer Certificate 1986
Bachelor’s Degree – 1984
Big Data Graduate Course (American Unversity)
NOVA Project Management Professional Preparations course
Workplace Harassment training
Employment Law for Managers
Team Leaders Training
System Test Leaders Training
Writing Long Documents Seminar
Software Lifecycle Management (SLIM) (project estimating tool)
Performance Management (management course)
Coaching: Developing Abilities in Others
Supervisory Skills Seminar
Board (Business Intelligence Tool)
XML Schema Development
Presentation of XML Documents Using Style Sheets
Programming in SQL
JAVA Programming I
JAVA Programming II
JAVA Programming III
Lotus Notes Application Development Level 1
Lotus Notes Application Development Level 2
Developing Interactive Web Pages Using CGI
Performance with NATURAL/ADABAS Programming
NATURAL Programming Internals
How to Design an Effective Graphical Interface
Programming with SQL
Structured System Analysis and Design