A collection of short experimental films.
I don’t know, I probably didn’t understand a lot of it.
Many seemed dated to me, just colors and images going by quickly. That was probably a new thing then, but not now.
A few stood out to me that I’d like to know more about.
- Harry Smith – Harry Smith, Film No. 3: Interwoven (1947�49)
- Jonas Mekas, Notes on the Circus (1966)
- Bruce Baillie, Here I Am (1962) (my favorite)
- Chick Strand, Fake Fruit Factory (1986)
- Jane Conger Belson Shimane, Odds & Ends (1959)
- Wallace Berman, Aleph (1956�66?) (beats)
- Christopher Maclaine, The End (1953)